Person of Indian Origin (PIO) Card Scheme Withdrawn
This is to inform that the PIO Card scheme has been withdrawn. All PIO cards issued till 09.01.2015 are deemed to be OCI cards. Henceforth, applicants may apply for OCI cards only.
In case the PIO card holder has a new German passport, he/she can travel to India on their new passport with the valid PIO card and old passport endorsed on the PIO card.
Those holding PIO cards are advised to get the same converted into OCI cards by June 30, 2017 for which no fee will be charged. The following may please be noted for this purpose:
Procedure to convert PIO to OCI card :
- Please fill-in and sign online application form -Part A & B https://passport.gov.in/oci/capchaActionPIO
- 2 recent passport photographs measuring 50x50 mm without border and showing full frontal view of the person's head and shoulders having a white or light colored background. No glare if wearing glasses.
- Copy of first page and last page of PIO Card.
- Copy of present German passport
- Copy of Address proof (Anmeldung bestätigung)
- The application can be submitted either in person (Monday till Friday from 0930 to 1230 hours) or through post (Consulate General of India, Widenmayerstr. 15, 80538 Munich).
- There is no fee to be paid
- PIO card in original needs to be submitted to the Consulate at the time of issue of a new OCI card. The PIO card will be retained by the Consulate